Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Daddy's Little Girl

I dedicate this to all the girls out there...



Check out this entry at J-ann's blog. I'm really sad about this.


Daddy take me with you
I promise I'll be good
Daddy, this is next time
And momma said I could.

Sitting in the front seat riding down town
An ice cream cone
I'd wrap him around my little finger
Tighter then my baby could
You can make a tear go a long long way
When you're daddy's little girl.

Well he tightened my bike chain from 7 to 13
Taught me to drive when I was a wild thing
Reached and he prayed while I made some mistakes
That I wouldn't have made if I'd have done it his way.

Now he hugs me when he sees me
We talk about the past
He tries to give me money
And I try and give it back.

He's a book of advice
More then I need
The look in his eyes is saying to me
Let me help you all I can
While I'm still in this world
What will you do when you're daddy's gone
And you're daddy's little girl.

No comments: