Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Despedida.


Last Saturday, I woke up at around 6am because we were about to go to the province for my grandma's despedida. We were going to have a small party for her before she go to the states. She is an immigrant now. After years of waiting, she got her accepatance letter from the US embassy. I am really glad for her. My grandpa is in the states already waiting for her. They both deserve a break. Not just a break, but a happy retirement. By now, they should be experiencing all the happiness in this world. They've done their part already. They now deserve to be happy and free from all the troubles here.

Okay, back to the despedida. Umingan, Pangasinan (Philippines) is around four to five hours away from Manila. We left Manila at around 7:30 and we arrived at around 12 noon. We ate lunch and the lunch, as usual was very good. Then my uncle announced that the roasted pig (lechon) was done and it's already on the dining table. In a matter of a second everybody - 17 grand children, 6 children and in-laws were feasting around a pig. Good thing, it was the start of the year of the Pig. Just kidding...

Our farm is a 24 hectare land with lots of mango trees because obviously it is a "Manggahan". It's the family business on my mom's side. It is located on top of a hill. We have no neighbor. The next house is about a kilometer away.

At around 2PM,we went down the hill to look for a resort so we can swim and have a little fun. Because we were looking for a cheaper one, we went to the next town which is Lupao, Nueva Ecija. We found a resort, a small one with two swimming pools. One for biggies and one for small kids. There are slides, tall ones. Good for having "real" fun. This resort is not like the ones in Boracay or Subic. But that made our day. We spent the whole afternoon until around 6:45 there. Take note the name of the place is MACARINA. It sounds like the other version of MACARENA.

When we arrived back at grandma's place, we had dinner and we had some bonding time with cousines and friends.

The next day, we woke up early. We went to mass and we went to the wet market to buy food for lunch. The fishes there were fresh and it was nice looking for exotic food to eat.

After lunch, we had some photo shooting session. At around 3pm we went back to Manila. As we were going back to Manila, I watched the movie the wedding singer, but I fell asleep. I told my uncle to just turn off the lcd screen. I really wanted to watch it but I can't resist the call of my neurons to sleep. The end.

2 comments:

I wana be Sasha said...

You are really lucky to still have both of your grandparents alive. I lost my grandma last year and I felt that I lost half of my life.

Ann Rosselle Cortes said...

Thank God! I'm blessed because of my grandparents. :)